Old December 14th 17, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Brightest tail light

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 12:16:40 PM UTC-6, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 9:13:28 AM UTC-8, Andy wrote:
I am looking to buy the brightest bike tail light.

Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Andy

The L&M Vis 180 Pro: spendy, but good. http://www.lightandmotion.com/choose-your-light/vis-180 https://www.bikelightdatabase.com/li...motion/vis180/ I have the cheaper 70 lumen version.

There are more assaultive flashing tail lights, and I've ridden behind them -- until I could get around. I don't know the brands, but I'm sure you could find them at an aviation site under "landing lights." The Vis is nice because it pulses, as does the L&M Urban series front lights. It's very visible but will not injure those in close proximity.

-- Jay Beattie.

Thanks.