Old October 26th 13, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Chaplin

Default The Awkward Season

John B. wrote in
:

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:17:46 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

It's too cold to risk getting wet, but not cold enough that any
precipitation would bounce off.

I've located my fleece pants and the tapes to tie around my knees, but
I'm not sure I remember how to put them on. Pins at the ankles, I
think.

I only wore tights alone once before the nippy set in.

No more cinnamon basil to put in my water bottle. And I think it's
time to stop chilling it.

Nope. The rainy season is nearly over and you can usually get a ride
in with maybe only one or two wet bits, but in a couple of weeks that
will be over and we'll be into the "good riding season". Almost cool
enough to need a scarf in the morning and it doesn't get really hot
until about noon so you can get in a good six hour ride without
worrying about heat prostration :-)

Prospects here are getting grimmer; I can give it only about another five
weeks after which I will store my bike until April Fool's Day. I made my
first two commutes this week in long cycling pants (I had been in shorts
since early May) and I have yet to wear fleece for insulation, but I think
I'll need to next week.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/14-day-weather-
trend/canada/ontario/ottawa
--