Old October 26th 13, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Groleau

Default The Awkward Season

On 10-26-2013, 09:34, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
Prospects here are getting grimmer; I can give it only about another five
weeks after which I will store my bike until April Fool's Day. I made my
first two commutes this week in long cycling pants (I had been in shorts
since early May) and I have yet to wear fleece for insulation, but I think
I'll need to next week.

When I first resumed biking after more than a decade hiatus, I assumed
that I would need a car for the winter. But winter was over before
I found the right deal. I figured that if I survived that winter
(northern Indiana), I could survive the next one, and I did. And
the next. I still haven't got the hand of dressing properly--I've
arrived at a business meeting with a sweaty torso and just a minute
or two short of frostbite in toes.

My fourth winter is coming up....

Before the hiatus, I lived in San Diego and worked at a place that had
showers. So a half-hour commute could be done any day.

--
Wes Groleau

Nutrition for Blokes: Re-engineering your diet for life
http://www.phlaunt.com/quentin