Old October 31st 13, 12:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

Default The Awkward Season

On 10/30/2013 4:49 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:59:39 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:

On 10/26/2013 12:39 PM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:

I do about 10 Km each way and have access to showers, but Ottawa during the
Eastern Ontario winter is no place for a 50-something to be riding.

Snow flurries starting in Montreal this week and a lot potholes are
still not fixed from the spring.

Duane, you and I know that the weather in the Laurentian Basin is not at all serious yet.

No, not yet. Actually not even snow on the ground in Montreal yet.

That said, you're a braver man than I if you ride at all in Montréal. Those *******s are nuts--predictable, but predictably nuts.

Yeah, I live in the West Island of Montreal and mostly try to ride into
Ontario. Going toward town for work is sometimes interesting.

The drivers here are nuts but the roads are the big problem. Someone in
r.b.t is always going on about how you should take the lane because it's
safer. Around here the shoulders have less potholes. lol.