Old September 16th 17, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default verbose "Yu Che" screwdriver (detective story)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 02:04:05 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:

ISO 2380 is a block of specifications for
hand tools. You'll need the specific
subsection for whatever it is you need
to know.

Granted, there is nothing I "need" to know
here, just thought it could be an interesting
"lead" to explore. It doesn't say anything more
than what I wrote in the first post, which was
a lot to begin with.

It would be interesting to know in general how
to look up a standard, and what specifically
this refers to that they thought important
enough to put on their screwdriver.

But OK, two specific question would be, one,
what does the first digit in 1.0X5.5X100 refer
to? Some property of the magnet?

There is obviously no way of telling but I would guess that it is the
size of the screwdriver 1.0mm by 5.5mm by 100mm.

I just jumped up and measured a screw driver in my tool box and
amazingly it measures 0.9 x 5.3 x 103mm. so perhaps my supposition is
correct?

And two, what is so special about the
screwdriver that it qualified for a patent?
And how that is looked up, in general, as
well... The number in particular being
PAT M9803920.2 .

--
Cheers,