Old July 25th 04, 04:15 AM
tcmedara

Default Bad Journalism - Bicycling Lance Article

WillW wrote:
If Bicycling ever prints or posts another article by Joe Lindsey, or
doesn't print an apology, they will see a large number of magazine
subscription cancellations.

(snipt)

http://www.bicycling.com/tourdefranc...1-9781,00.html

I thought it was a well written piece. The key tip-off being the opening
sub-head were it reads "opinion". I don't agree with everything the guy
writes, nor do I pretend to understand the relationship between Armstrong
and Simeoni (I doubt few do!) In that light, however, I think Lindsey's
opinion is far from extreme. I am a fan of Lance Armstrong and am amazed
with what he's accomplished in cycling, but I'm not so naive to think that
Armstrong can do no wrong. Further, I actually respect a magazine that will
print the something other than "all Lance, all the time." Frankly the guy
raises some good questions.

....and he didn't "attack" Sheryl Crow. It was merely a good dose of
sarcasm. He was making that a guy dating Sheryl Crow and making $16M a year
doesn't have to worry about some no-name weasel trying to garner his 15
minutes of fame. You might want to re-read the thing with a more objective
eye. I congratulate Bicycling for actually publishing something other than
some marketing goo proclaiming the latest carbon doo-dad that will allow us
all to "climb like Lance."

'Course that's just my opinion.....

Tom