Old July 25th 04, 01:20 PM
Roger Zoul

Default Bad Journalism - Bicycling Lance Article

tcmedara wrote:
|| ...and he didn't "attack" Sheryl Crow. It was merely a good dose of
|| sarcasm. He was making that a guy dating Sheryl Crow and making $16M
|| a year doesn't have to worry about some no-name weasel trying to
|| garner his 15 minutes of fame. You might want to re-read the thing
|| with a more objective eye. I congratulate Bicycling for actually
|| publishing something other than some marketing goo proclaiming the
|| latest carbon doo-dad that will allow us all to "climb like Lance."

He could have made the point just as well without referring to SC in that
matter. I'm sure she would not appreciate it.

Besides that, I agree with his opinion. Simeoni is insignificant. LA going
after him just really doesn't help the sport or the peloton in any way I can
see. And it certainly does suggest "another side" to LA that we, the public
and fans, don't often see but we got a glimpse of in the 2004 TdF.
Honestly, though, it is not surprising.