Old July 2nd 05, 12:55 AM
Gary Jacobson

Default Repairing TA Axix Pro

"Arthur Clune" wrote in message
I have a TA Axix Pro BB, which needs new bearings. From what I can tell on
the web,
it takes 6903 cartridge bearings, press fit.

Has anyone else replaced the bearings on one of these and if so, how hard
is it?

Jeepers, I just tap them gently with a rubber mallet.
Place the assembly in a vice so that one bearing is on top of the jaws. I
use some rubber on the top of the jaws so that when I tap the spindle the
bearing housing doesn't get mashed. Do the opposite when installing new
ones. (More important, obviously, to protect the new bearing).

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY