Old May 28th 16, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Cycling - health benefits

On 28/05/2016 11:47, MrCheerful wrote:
On 28/05/2016 12:03, Bod wrote:
On 28/05/2016 08:58, MrCheerful wrote:
On 28/05/2016 10:43, Bod wrote:
Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke,
heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and
arthritis.

Riding a bike is healthy, fun and a low-impact form of exercise for all
ages.

Cycling is easy to fit into your daily routine by riding to the shops,
park, school or work.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ealth-benefits

Men who cycle more than nine hours a week are 6 times more likely to
develop prostate cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...udy-finds.html

cycling may be be responsible for osteoporosis:

http://breakingmuscle.com/cycling/cy...or-bone-health

Hmm! strange that the only ones in our street who have Osteoperosis
or Arthritis are the ones that never cycle. They are also the ones who
are well overweight.

Everyone who cycles I see around here have flat tummies. Must be an
unusual coincidence?

How do you know who has osteoporosis, it has no external signs? Are you
their doctor? or someone involved in other's health care? How do you
know the cyclists you see do NOT have osteoporosis?

We know and talk to all of our neighbours and they tell us.

--
Bod