Old May 7th 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default I need help tightening my unicycle's cotterless crank

Pepsco wrote:
My unicycle (from Avenir) has a 20' inch wheel with cotterless cranks
and after a week of riding it my left crank started to become more
loose and more...adjustable but in a bad way. Here's a pick of the
loosened joint thing http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/unicycle.jpg
If you have any instructions or links to videos on how I can fix him
please post it on here! I really want to save my darling unicycle.

I can't see anything useful in that snapshot.

Remove both cranks, lubricate tapers and threads, torque to
55Nm. If the crank has been damaged form being ridden loose,
it will wiggle off again and you will need a new one.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/