Old May 16th 07, 03:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_179_]

Default Ride of Silence Australia 2007

Details for Adelaide Ride:

Adelaide Ride of Silence
http://www.woj.com.au/2007/05/16/ade...de-of-silence/

On Saturday May 19th at 9am, Adelaide has the opportunity to join the
International Ride of Silence. In the first 5 months of 2007 there has
been a significant increase in fatal accidents for cyclists and
pedestrians – at least 5 cyclists so far!

Join us & help to raise awareness of the community’s ‘right to ride’ in
safety on our roads! We will remember our fellow riders in silence while
also enjoying the ride & celebrating all that is good about cycling.

Whe Victoria Square, (immediately to the East of the tram terminus)
to Glenelg.

Distance: Approx. 12km. When: Adelaide’s ride will leave at 9.30am
SHARP. All participants are asked to arrive by at least 9am to allow
orderly assembly and departure. Support: The ride will be supported and
led by SAPOL with a BISA `pick-up’ vehicle following at the rear.

There will be several BISA Marshals at the assembly and arrival points
and riding with the group.

Route: Along King William St-South (in right-hand lane), turn right on
to South Trc. (left lane), left onto Anzac Highway (left lane).

At Glenelg we’ll turn right at the lights on Adelphi Trc, thence
through the car park entrance on the left and straight onto the grassed
area as directed by Marshals. We’ll have a short address to finalise the
ride and then off for coffee or ice cream!

Registration: No registration necessary! However it would be useful in
managing nos. if you would let us know you are coming at
chairATbisa.asn.au. Participation is of course at your own risk!

Any queries? Contact Sam Powrie at chairATbisa.asn.au

--
cfsmtb