Old August 22nd 11, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Having the Elderly Ride Bikes

There are two crises: One with SS and another with traffic. There's too many cars, something people refuse to hear. The easy solution is to encourage seniors into riding bikes or trikes while improving their health. They simply can not own a car to receive benefits...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Laid-off workers and aging baby boomers are flooding Social Security's disability program with benefit claims, pushing the financially strapped system toward the brink of insolvency.

http://news.yahoo.com/social-securit...90119318..html

The elderly are going to be so healthy that I'm looking forward to join the club. I won't join AARP unless they embrace this policy. I know it's highly Utopian but also practical. The elderly are not the best drivers.