Old August 24th 11, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Having the Elderly Ride Bikes is a Good Idea

This is a very positive reply. One that makes me proud to become old. Actually it sounds like fun! I can almost hear: "Hey, that's the Wise TibetanMonkey on a trike!"

I am age 81 and I ride an adult trike. No problem balancing
and it turns on a dime. I had it electrified and so if needed I
can hit the throttle and get all the help needed in pedaling.
I use it constantly to shop for groceries, there is a big basket
over the two rear wheels.

I live in San Diego with very clement weather and little rain so
I can ride it year round.

They are perfect for seniors. I am surprised when I note I
don't see others around riding them because they sure
beat using a walker or rollathing. Fun to ride and recharge
in a light socket.

I do have a lot of people stop me and ask questions about
the trike. Often they are asking for an elderly relative.

http://brandscycle.com/merchant/278/...l/trike_lg.jpg

Thank you, thank you. You got me so proud now that I may soon the join the Club.

I find those trikes really amazing. I had the 3 spd Schwinn --very pretty-- and it was a blast, but I had no place to park it and it rusted too much. The possibilities of electric power are really amazing. You can waste all your energy one way, and get a "free ride" back home.

It's really the best of both worlds!