Old April 9th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill

Default Occidental CEO got more than $400 million in 2006

Fred G. Mackey wrote:
Bill wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

Talking about a Darwinian world, here's one of the oil kings making a
gargantuan sum of money...

Occidental CEO got more than $400 million in 2006

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Occidental Petroleum Corp.'s chairman and chief
executive took in more than $400 million in compensation last year,
the company said in a filing, one of the biggest single-year payouts
in U.S. corporate history.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070407/occid..._pay.html?.v=8

But, see, bicycles only make peanuts for them.

That just proves that there is a huge amount of corruption in both the
industry as well as the presidency (Bush == big oil puppet). For gas
to be headed towards the $4/gallon mark and the CEO's and oil
shareholders making obscene profits is just not right. They should be
hurting along with the rest of the country,

Why?

The rest of the country really isn't hurting that much - sure we're
spending more on gas, but demand hasn't gone down significantly, nor are
people starving to put gas in their cars.

This only shows the stupidity of some (most?) Americans. I have 2 little
4 bangers and just to drive the 11 mile round trip to see my friend is
over a dollar. I can ride a bike there but sometimes I am carrying
computer equipment. It is a LITTLE car I drive and all the stuff fits.
So why are these people driving these lame ass SUV's?

not getting richer at the expense of everyone else in the country.

Would you prefer a gov't owned oil industry - like Mexico or Venezuela
(and I presume many middle eastern countries) have?

If you mean a Bush owned oil industry, then Hell no! I know the CEOs
take an unfair share of the money, but the government would set up so
many study committees that it would take more money than the CEOs cost.

Of course, you don't see Bush even thinking about an SUV gas guzzler
tax either.

Why should he?

Because after 8 years he should be remembered for getting at least one
thing right.

Bill Baka

Again.