Old April 10th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Dave Head

Default Occidental CEO got more than $400 million in 2006

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:31:55 -0500, Tim McNamara wrote:

In article ,
Dave Head wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:35:26 -0700, "Fred G. Mackey"
wrote:

I had a good laugh at a few of these people last winter as I drove
by them in my coupe while they were either stuck - either because
they couldn't manage to control their "lame ass SUV" or because they
thought their SUV was tough enough to make it through deep snow that
hadn't yet been plowed and found out the hard way how "lame ass"
their SUV really is.

Next big snow, U bring your coupe, I'll bring my Jeep Cherokee with
the all terrain tires, and we'll see who gets stuck.

You just identified one of the key things: tires. Most any car will
deal with snow just fine unless it's riding on unsuitable tires.

And its the main reason you can't do what the anti-SUV'ers suggest, which is to
rent one when you need one. The rentals all have smooth tires, and you then
get stuck anyway, 4WD or not.

DPH