Old May 1st 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Mike Young

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Apr 19, 11:51 am, Just A User wrote:
Upon mentioning VA Tech, I have to put in my two cents, Cho was a wack
job, but personally I think the right to bear arm part of the
constitution needs to be re thought. In countries, such as the U.K.
where gun control laws are very strict, they don't have incidents like
those at the campus on Monday.

It absolutely does not need to be "re thought". It chafes already that "the
right to bear arms shall not be infringed" somehow came to mean "you can
keep small arms if you don't overly frighten your neighbors".