Old June 9th 16, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default Mountain Biking Is Inappropriate In Wilderness

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 04:51:09 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 07:27:18 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Alvin D. wrote:

In short, you [hikers] are enjoying a luxurious, government financed and

constructed area and like a little kid in the sand box trying to hug
all the toys in your arms so no one else can play with them.

Anyone who is willing to walk can enjoy whatever the government has provided in the way of wilderness – and for free too!

Of course you can. So why the outcry about others enjoying the "forest

primeval" as you term it?

They can enjoy it by walking since that way there is no interference with anyone else also enjoying the environment. Elementary, my Dear Watson!

After all, it is not "primeval" at all as you twits insist on having

paths made, some with stairs even, "oh my goodness, we must have
walked a whole mile today Estrella", and you dainty creatures don't
want to exert yourselves. Fireplaces, the three walled Appalachian
shelters, those cute marker posts so that the intrepid "trekkers"
won't lose their way. What is next? Fumigations crews to kill all
those savage insects?\/ Ohoooo a deer fly might bite me! Ohooo I'm so
scared.

It is primeval enough by the standards of today. Anyone who is walking in a wilderness setting is roughing it no matter how many conveniences he is carrying. In any event, such a walker is in no way impacting the wilderness except in the most minor ways.

I'd listen to you except that I am old enough to actually have "worked
in the woods" as they used to term it, and have also worked in truly
primeval areas in other countries where there no signs that man had
ever existed there.

When you use the term "primeval" you simply don't know what you are
talking about. You use the word to describe the Appalachian Trail, for
instance, but the Appalachian Trail is damned close to civilization
when you compare it with an actual primeval area, which, quite
obviously, you know nothing about.

But of course you are not actually talking about a primeval area you
are simply parroting the word in an effect to make your notions sound
logical and important.

What an Asshole you are! Everything you've applied to hikers can be applied to bikers in spades, in fact to just about anyone. Your remarks are as pointless as you are. Either make a relevant point or get lost!

Of course. When one talks with a fool one must use foolish language
else how will he understand you.

But, as I mentioned previously the valid point is that you are
attempting to hug government built and maintained areas intended for
the entire population to your skinny little chest in order to prevent
others from using them

In short a small and insignificant individual trying to clasp all the
toys in the toy box to his pathetic little chest and shouting, "They
are Mine! All Mine! You can't play with them!"

Has the U.S. actually sunk so low that a greedy little fellow like you
is now its spokesman?

Pathetic.
--

Alvin D.