Old April 7th 18, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Rohloff Speedbone with Chainstay Mounts

On 04/07/2018 09:09 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 10:06:25 AM UTC+2, Tosspot wrote:
So, the Surly Disc Trucker has chainstay IS mounts[1]. I have;

A rohloff hub with TS axle An OEM2 mounting to go with; A
speedbone An external gear mechanism

I'm thinking this is beyond even my Bodgit & Scarper(TM) skills.
Is the only option a long torque arm on a standard plate? Which
looks like it might get in the way of the external shifter.

[1]
https://bicyclehabitat.com/images/li...y-242015-1.jpg

You only need some kind of mounting hole(s). I converted my
singlespeed to a Rohloff hub equipped bike for winter evening rides.
Mayby this gives you some ideas:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b8PoQGQWng8OdXnJ2

And lo and behold a possible solution arises! With thanks to SJS cycles

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk

Because the hub came off a bike with seat stay IS mounts, it has a
speed/monkey bone plate. However...in an attempt at options I measured
various distances, and as far as I can work out, axle center to rack
mount is 35mm. A phone call to SJS and they measured various dimensions
on the Axle plate TS-8233, it turns out, you guessed it, center to one
of the holes is 35mm, the hole diameter being 10mm giving a bit of room.

So, replace the 8228 plate with an 8223, and if all matches, a bit of
pipe to fill the M6 rack bolt out to 10mm, if not, Bodgit & Scarper, cos
at least it's out of sight! [1]

Now, if only I could find the 8223 that came off the hub some 5 years ago...

[1] In fact the outside diameter of a 'normal' M6 nut seems to be 9mm
which is good enough for me.