Old August 6th 20, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default No Italian Teams in the Tour de France!!!!!

On 8/5/2020 9:30 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/5/2020 4:11 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 6:58:24 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich
wrote:
I just got another disinteresting copy of Velonews and it
showed the teams that will ride the Tour de France. And
there wasn't a single Italian team on it. This brings up
the question - Are there any Italian based teams anymore?
There are a lot of Italian Teams and Ineos is British.

https://www.uci.org/road/teams

There are ZERO Italian UCI Worldteams (men). There are a
total of 19 UCI World teams. Which I assume means no
sponsoring company/group chose to register/set up in
Italy. Due to money or legal or hassle reasons most
likely. Kind of like many/most USA corporations are
officially incorporated in Delaware in the USA. And some
have become officially Ireland companies recently. MMM 3M
is a Minnesota company. Everyone knows that. Their
corporate headquarters are in a suburb of St. Paul. But
the company was incorporated in Delaware in 1929.
Medtronic, the medical supplies company, is incorporated
in Ireland. They were started near Minneapolis 70 years ago.

I think we're in an age where corporations have about as
much power and relevance as nations.

Really? Maybe Yellow Jersey, Ltd could declare war on
Vanuatu. Or Andorra!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/