Old February 1st 19, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Is black clothing compulsory?

On 01/02/2019 06:55, Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 02:30:17 +0000, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 22:34, Ian Smith wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:48:21 +0000, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 16:47, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/01/2019 13:27, JNugent wrote:
On 31/01/2019 10:01, TMS320 wrote:

At most junctions encountered on a journey the stop or give way
requirement applies to the other road user.

You never approach a Stop or Give Way sign?

The word I used was "most". (It is notable how often you have trouble
with words that express a non-binary concept.)

Your statement is nonsense.

No, it's true. On most journeys I drive, I go past more side-roads
than I emerge from side-roads. If you're driving a delivery round or
treating it as a maze-solving problem and always following the left
kerb it wouldn't be true, but otherwise I agree with TMS.

So there are about five or six times as many locations where other
traffic should give way to me than I give way to it, and that's not
counting each driveway and premises entrance.

Another rider who never has to give way.

So when I write, "I give way" you read "I never give way".
Well, that explains a lot.

No-one suggests that you have to give way when you are on the priority
route ("main road").

It is this tale of never having to give way which does not accord with
reality.