Old February 2nd 19, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Meanwhile in England

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 6:51:24 AM UTC-5, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:41:40 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:

Jay, I am not denigrating your brother and sister at all.

Clearly you are -- along with all other homosexuals. This is typical pin-head drivel by someone who has a deep seated and irrational fear and loathing of homosexuals. You can sanitize your response to my post, but your responses to Zen, accusing him (or her) of being a "homo" pretty much says it all.

-- Jay Beattie.

I wanted to wait until you responded - I was actually outraged that tom had the arrogance to tell you that he somehow knew your siblings better than you, simply because of his bigotry against homosexuality. You're 100% right, "This is typical pin-head drivel by someone who has a deep seated and irrational fear and loathing of homosexuals."

Until my daughter came out, she was miserable - bouts of anorexia and depression. WE had always strongly suspected she was gay, and when she was growing up our family discussions often included gay rights and gay marriage issues - both of which my wife and I adamantly support (One of my roommates in college was gay, and he introduced us). Finally after my daughter graduated, she came out (about ten years ago). She's never been happier. She's in a long-term relationship, healthy both mentally and physically - she weaned off the anti-depression meds less than a year after she came out.

She claimed she suppressed it because she didn't want to embarrass her family. We still don't understand this - after all the times our opinions on the issue were discussed. The important part is the she is happy now, and understands she has our unconditional support and love.

This is what homophobe tom need to understand (though we know his kind never will): depression amoung homosexuals is largely due to lack of acceptance. It's assholes like tom that are the problem, with ignorant opinions like "The funny thing is that you and your kind actually believe yourselves to be common. You aren't and never were. " Yeah, that's helpful.

I REALLY wish that you guys would realize when Tom is simply trolling and not bother to respond to him. When you respond to him and/or other trolls you allow them to bypass the Killfiles others have plonked them into.

Cheers