Old February 2nd 19, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Meanwhile in England

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 6:59:32 AM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 6:51:24 AM UTC-5, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:41:40 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:

Jay, I am not denigrating your brother and sister at all.

Clearly you are -- along with all other homosexuals. This is typical
pin-head drivel by someone who has a deep seated and irrational fear
and loathing of homosexuals. You can sanitize your response to my
post, but your responses to Zen, accusing him (or her) of being a
"homo" pretty much says it all.

-- Jay Beattie.

I wanted to wait until you responded - I was actually outraged that tom
had the arrogance to tell you that he somehow knew your siblings better
than you, simply because of his bigotry against homosexuality. You're
100% right, "This is typical pin-head drivel by someone who has a deep
seated and irrational fear and loathing of homosexuals."

Until my daughter came out, she was miserable - bouts of anorexia and
depression. WE had always strongly suspected she was gay, and when she
was growing up our family discussions often included gay rights and gay
marriage issues - both of which my wife and I adamantly support (One of
my roommates in college was gay, and he introduced us). Finally after my
daughter graduated, she came out (about ten years ago). She's never been
happier. She's in a long-term relationship, healthy both mentally and
physically - she weaned off the anti-depression meds less than a year after she came out.

She claimed she suppressed it because she didn't want to embarrass her
family. We still don't understand this - after all the times our
opinions on the issue were discussed. The important part is the she is
happy now, and understands she has our unconditional support and love.

This is what homophobe tom need to understand (though we know his kind
never will): depression amoung homosexuals is largely due to lack of
acceptance. It's assholes like tom that are the problem, with ignorant
opinions like "The funny thing is that you and your kind actually
believe yourselves to be common. You aren't and never were. " Yeah, that's helpful.

I REALLY wish that you guys would realize when Tom is simply trolling and
not bother to respond to him. When you respond to him and/or other trolls
you allow them to bypass the Killfiles others have plonked them into.

Cheers

I'm not sure if Tom is trolling, or whether his cumulative brain injuries
have resulted in an inability to properly process the world around him
(with associated anger issues), but I agree with Sir that engaging him
doesn't appear to be doing anybody any good.

Ralph, tell us your opinion of LGBTQ. Rather than ignoring the conversation and making dismissive comments as if you agree with the majority.