Old February 7th 19, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Tech ogling confessions

On 2/6/2019 7:04 PM, Mark J. wrote:
Stopped at the LBS on the way home today, to look at a Trek
gravel bike in person. There are a lot of unpaved roads
here in the Willamette Valley as well as in the mountains
around it.

It was nice, certainly drool-worthy in the
I'm-not-really-serious-yet-about-buying sort of way.

There were lots of attachment points for use on long, hot
summer rides that don't go by a 7-Eleven.

I like the wider bars (they looked wider than the 46's I
have on my Domane, but maybe they were the same). Hydraulic
disks (see our latest RBR discussion, heh), nice wide tires.

THEN

when I was talking about fender mounts, the guy mentions
putting fenders on a "Domane +" E-bike, so I go take a look
at that.

It's a full carbon fast road bike with a electric assist.
Forgive me, RBR, for I have sinned and coveted this bike.
I'm going to try hard to wait until at least 70 before
getting one, partly 'cause I fear the decline into
potatohood that it could spark, but I was tempted. Having
another 100-200W in one's pocket would be something.

Mark J.

you'll still need a road bike:

http://www.bianchiusa.com/bikes/e-bike/aria-e-road/

--