Old April 26th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Steve[_4_]

Default Hybrid/Comfort Bike Recommendation

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

I'd prefer to retrofit a better quality bicycle than the Bianchi, but if
none are available then it'll do. I may get the Surly Long Haul Trucker
and switch the brakes, shifters, headset, and bars to upright, but the
size I'd need comes with 26" wheels, rather than 700c. This may be a
compromise I have to make.

Long haul trucker is a great frame for the price.
the wheel size is to prevent toe overlap with full fenders
and there are some great touring tires available in 26"