Old October 19th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Duane Hebert[_2_]

Default Before & after bike ghettos

"Radey Shouman" wrote in message ...
snip
Sometimes drivers do move deliberately out of my way, I give them a
wave. It's hard to tell if anyone purposefully obstructs me, if they do
they're pretty subtle. No one complains audibly about being passed. If
I were to get in line most would think me dangerously insane.

Pretty much my experience. But Frank seems to think that if someone
obstructs me it's because they are attacking me or something because
it's apparently so rare chez lui.

I only rarely have any sort of audible
interaction though I have friends that seem to get into it more often.

If I pass this area an hour or so later, there are just a few cars
waiting, and I do fall into line and wait my turn.

Unfortunately, I have to commute pretty much at rush hour.
But when I'm riding on my own, then I sometime fall in line
and wait in that situation.

Pretty standard stuff IMO.