Old October 20th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Before & after bike ghettos

On Oct 19, 1:32*pm, Radey Shouman wrote:

IIRC, Frank is a semi-retired university professor, who lives in what he
describes as a "village". *From what I know of fully-employed
professors, they may work hard, but also enjoy surprising latitude in
how they arrange their schedules. *I doubt Frank has had to deal with a
normal urban commute for thirty years or more. *Good for him, but he
errs in thinking his good fortune universal.

That is my current situation, and no, I don't think my luck is
universal.

OTOH, my previous teaching job had me riding to work almost every day
precisely at rush hour, from my home almost dead center in a small
city. In three places I worked as an engineer, the hours were normal
8 to 5, although I only biked to two of them. One was 35 miles away -
too far to bike. And my current job often had me riding at rush hour
- it just depended on my schedule that semester.

It could have been worse, I'm sure. But it's wrong to imagine that
I've never dealt with rush hour traffic.

- Frank Krygowski