Old April 16th 21, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default GD cable derailleurs!

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 4/14/2021 2:35 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Jay, why the feigned outrage? I got my GED many years ago when I
thought I was a drop-out. 8 years ago I attended my high school
reunion and discovered that I was pictured in the high school
yearbook and one of my classmates told me that they had announced
that I wasn't at the graduation because I had joined the Air Force.

FYI. Yearbook pictures are taken in the fall prior to graduation in
the spring. The yearbooks are produced sometime late fall, early
winter. And available to be sold to the high school kids in
Jan-Feb-Mar prior to graduation in May. So it is very possible and
likely that kids pictures can and do appear in the yearbook and they
do not graduate in the following spring. I highly doubt the people
running the creation and picture taking for the yearbook are
apprised of the student's grades throughout their senior year.
There is NOT a checklist of 1. Did kid receive good enough grades
and credits to graduate and receive a degree? 2. OK. Kid's
picture is allowed into yearbook. 3. If NOT OK, then kid's picture
is removed and expunged from the entire history of the high school.
4. So it is written, so it shall be done!

And graduating high school is a very important and unforgettable
milestone for a kid.

A person can in fact forget absolutely anything, including his own name.
You should be grateful that it hasn't happened to you, and perhaps
should reflect from time to time that it might yet.

Plus it's a simple binary situation. A person either graduated or he
did not. If he did, the GED people would have told him "You don't need
a GED, you graduated."

Based on everything he says, Tom did not graduate high school.