Old January 25th 08, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Default London Boroughs to be encouraged to set 20mph for residential areas.

Paul Luton wrote:

roger merriman wrote:

I've woundered about the 20 zone on the A308 though hampton, the
narrow residential off it are 30. in practice traffic speeds tend to
be reversed.

The Council are in the process of dropping that 20 zone as the police
refuse to enforce it even for vehicles travelling at over 30! I have
asked traffic engineers about such reverse limits and was told "This is
current practice" . Traffic engineers live in a parallel universe.

Paul

good to be honest, any idea why it was started in the first place?

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com