Old October 22nd 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default rockshox front sag

lou.holtman wrote:

Should be at the faster end of the spectrum
in my limited experience.

Yes, but without bouncing up and down
a couple of times. What I do/did is ride of
a curb at high speed en feel/experience the
difference of different settings and set it
what feels the best.

Good idea.

I don't know. I think (personal opinion) that
suspension got; - too complicated, -
ridiculous expensive, - according to the user
manual ridiculous high maintenance.

It isn't complicated IMO (PSI in tire, PSI in
chamber, rebound speed; plus some extras like
volume reducers at the top [linear/progressive]
and such) - just needs a lot of fiddling until
you get it right. Which is half the reward with
modern bikes!

It isn't expensive - perhaps in terms of the
technology itself (actually I have no clue),
but not in absolute terms. Everyone who has
a job in the Western world can afford an
alu-MTB with suspension. And probably lots of
other people as well.

As for the maintenance costs I don't know - but
do tell - because I only had this bike couple
of weeks and I don't have the manual. I'll grep
the web for a PDF right now, tho.

so I gave up on suspension and mountain bikes
and use a cross bike with a rigid fork for
off road riding. Much more fun anyway.

I never wanted suspension in the first place
but now that I have it obviously I'd like to
know what's going on

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573