Old February 7th 19, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Tech ogling confessions

Stopped at the LBS on the way home today, to look at a Trek gravel bike
in person. There are a lot of unpaved roads here in the Willamette
Valley as well as in the mountains around it.

It was nice, certainly drool-worthy in the
I'm-not-really-serious-yet-about-buying sort of way.

There were lots of attachment points for use on long, hot summer rides
that don't go by a 7-Eleven.

I like the wider bars (they looked wider than the 46's I have on my
Domane, but maybe they were the same). Hydraulic disks (see our latest
RBR discussion, heh), nice wide tires.

THEN

when I was talking about fender mounts, the guy mentions putting fenders
on a "Domane +" E-bike, so I go take a look at that.

It's a full carbon fast road bike with a electric assist. Forgive me,
RBR, for I have sinned and coveted this bike. I'm going to try hard to
wait until at least 70 before getting one, partly 'cause I fear the
decline into potatohood that it could spark, but I was tempted. Having
another 100-200W in one's pocket would be something.

Mark J.