Old February 9th 19, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Man-Made Global Warming and Freezing Rides

Most people aren't familiar with the science so they tend to take the word of NASA and NOAA about Climate Change.

In short - there isn't any - but common man tends to think of hot days as proving it and cold ones as here anyway between the hot days.

What has this to do with bicycling? Well, not a whole lot except if you travel around the country on rides here and there.

I've lived all my life around the San Francisco bay and being Croatian I don't sunburn as such here. Early in the year I will turn red and perhaps some slight pain for no more than a day or so but now that I'm getting older and wiser asser, I do use SPF 30 on the back of my neck and arms that are outside of my short sleeve jersey.

When I traveled to Arizona to visit friends that was a REAL bad habit. Down there or any of the southern areas for that matter, you need no less than SPF80 and my 30 allowed me to blister even though I had a good tan to begin with.

So if you are white as a sheet like Frank or Jay take some SPF100 with you and make sure you use it on every ride.

In the mean time I'll sit around here between rainstorms and dream of a warm spring and real riding weather. You know - the kind where you don't have all the local peaks covered in snow for the first time in many years.