Old April 8th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

Default WIDE mtb shoes?

On Apr 7, 1:40 pm, Woland99 wrote:
I use mtb shoes and pedals on my road bike - Shimano M-31. They work
OK for shorter
rides ( 20 miles) but after that I start getting numbness in the
outer parts of my feet,
They do not feel very tight so I still hope to break them in - or at
least use them for MTB.
But I need something I can use for 40-50 miles ride. Any suggestions?

Thsnks for the suggestions y'all - I went to local REI and checked
SIDIs - they did not have Bullets2 in Mega size but they had Zeta
which seems like a road equivalent. Zetas fit OK - although velcro
straps were a bit on a short side. I may try to extend them somehow -
maybe glue velcro patch to end so I can velcro a short extra strap
on top. I got Bullets on order - as always nice thing about REI is
you can return them at any point.