Old April 9th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul Kopit[_2_]

Default WIDE mtb shoes?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:40:38 -0700 (PDT), Woland99
wrote:

I use mtb shoes and pedals on my road bike - Shimano M-31. They work
OK for shorter
rides ( 20 miles) but after that I start getting numbness in the
outer parts of my feet,
They do not feel very tight so I still hope to break them in - or at
least use them for MTB.
But I need something I can use for 40-50 miles ride. Any suggestions?

I've been using MTB for 200 double centuries as do many others. It's
not the pedal, it's the shoe. I happen to use Shimano T091, which I
think is now T092. It's a shoe with recessed cleat and unlugged sole.
They run wide and also will stretch a bit.