Old November 18th 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Performance Goes Chapter 11

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 1:51:47 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
Oh well: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...1#.W_HVJ-hKjIU

-- Jay Beattie.

Lately every time I've been in there I've been rather surprised at the sheer amount of bicycles they had for sale.

I've watched several local bike shops go out of business because they stocked too many bikes and no one is buying bikes except off of the Internet. I have four REALLY good bikes well equipped for more than good prices and I've on sold one bike in the last two years. When you can get a new CF bike for a good price why should you settle for a used and proven bike?

Like Nashbar it would have been a good idea for Performance to invest more heavily into components and accessories and less into bike sales since this sales problem has been around for five or six years.