Old October 15th 05, 09:25 AM
Hywel Jenkins

Default SPDs and falling off!

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:10:11 +0100, Keith Midgley wrote:

I had been considering switching from platform pedals to SPDs for sometime
but was put off by all the postings about the seemingly compulsory
"falling off".

I finally took the plunge on Wednesday and tonight when leaving work I
fell off - am I now exempt for life, or can I expect further embarrassment
in the future?

Keith failing to unclip in time :-(

Expect to fall off again. I fall off, or come close to falling off, every
ride, having had SPDs since Easter. I just forget that I'm clipped in when
I come to a stop, then I panic that I can't move my legs due to some
physiological condition that instantly paralysed me.

I once fell off in front of a bunch of kids (11 year olds) that were
jumping logs.

--
Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/