Old January 14th 04, 03:24 AM
onewheeldave

Default Fule face helmet - review

I read your account of that accident and it sounded pretty nasty; I know
from experience how it feels to UPD and, for a second, believe that
you've broken something.

I was wondering if you'd got any tips, other than wearing a full face
helmet for avoiding this kind of jaw injury.

Tonight I was out on my 29-er and had about 3 UPDs, all of which I
walked out of with no problems, however, I know that I can't assume all
UPDs will be so straightforward.

If I undestand your description correctly the problem wasn't that your
face hit the ground, but that your chest did and this caused a whiplash
effect leading to your jaw hitting?

Have you any idea what prevented your arms from taking the impact?

Also, do you reckon that the fact that you were doing a drop was a prime
factor, or could this have occurred just from riding forwards?

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874