Old March 2nd 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tim McNamara

Default address harvesting by Universal Cycles of Portland, OR

In article et,
"Jay S. Hill" wrote:

It looks like Universal Cycles of Portland, OR, is using this group,
and probably others, to harvest addresses for spam. They've been
spamming me for months, regardless of my repeatedly telling them to
stop. Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to force them to
stop the spamming? I've contacted the FTC and http://www.neturf.com,
their site administrator. Anybody have any other ideas? And,
obviously, I'd recommend no one shop there. And no, I don't have the
leet skillz or sleazy ethics to take down their site, regardless of
whether I think they deserve it.

I've never heard from them and have posted many times in this newsgroup.

My advice would be to get spam filtering, either server side at your ISP
or clientside on your computer.