Old January 28th 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cheap rechargable batteries

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote in message

That's not a bad capacity for AA and it's an amazing capacity for D
(if it's true). With 4 "D" cells you could run a 2.4W front lamp for
a whole Dunwich Dynamo.

Pfffft, that's pants. Check out

http://www.strikalite.co.uk/prodcat_...Batteries.html

Good ol' Rog at Strikalite assembled me a pack of 5 of these 9Ah beauties
into a 3x2 'pyramid' which I added an automotive 5A fuse to, and enclosed in
a small aluminium enclosure. The whole caboodle sits of the carrier stays on
my Ultra Galaxy, and when charged using a Jamara charger (also at Stikalite,
but pricy) the capacity is calculated at 10.5 Ah. It powers a pair of Cateye
10w fronts admirably, far better than the silly 2.2Ah sticks they came with,
and about the same weight. I'll take a pic and upload it tomorrow.

I have no connection to Strikalite, other than being a satisfied customer
for the last 10 years or so... they fulfill all my battery requirements.

Tim

Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org