Old July 16th 10, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Almost collided with a bicyclist today

Kevan Smith wrote:
On 7/16/10 10:12 AM, Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers wrote:
On Jul 15, 1:30 pm, Kevan wrote:
On 7/15/10 2:20 PM, Speeders& Drunk Drivers Are Murderers wrote:

I'm heading W and cyclist S. 4way stop. I stop but the cyclist just
flies thru at 25 mph and i assume he's going straight ahead. So i
start my left turn and then he starts a left turn right into me. No
crash but crap like that is why so many car drivers hate bikes.

No doubt the cyclist was wrong for not obeying the stop sign.

However, a couple of points:

1) If he had been going 25 mph, he likely would have cleared the
intersection while you were still stopped. Better estimate of speed --
15 mph.

Were you there?

Everywhere there's a cyclist pedaling away in traffic, surrounded by
hydrocarbon belching monstrosities, I'll be there.

Kevan

Good one.