Old December 30th 10, 04:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default No helmet required for me anymore

On 30/12/2010 6:48 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:
"Geoff Lock"glock@home wrote

Hm, I have come off my bike several times and each time, my head was
nowhere near where I hit the ground

You left it at home perhaps? :-)

Heheeh Good one - I asked for it, I guess

except for that one time when I went over my handlebars and speared face
first into the pavement - lost some skin on my cheekbone, chipped my tooth
and cut my bottom lip from the inside but NO impact to the cranium(?).
Maybe I should think of a face guard

Still, I would wear a helmet becos I know it needs to save me only once.
It also stops the cops from pulling me over

Do you think you should be forced to wear a helmet under penalty of a large
fine?

Well, I, for one, should be forced to do things or I'd never do them