Old March 24th 14, 10:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

I simply disagree with your fundamental
premise. The dictionary definition of trail supports my interpretation ....
not yours.

You might disapprove of the use to which others put

trails but it is hubristic in the extreme to assume that this is good grounds
for banning such use.

I am merely defending the status quo which has
existed for several generations. You are the unwelcome interloper and would be
without any standing if the idiot land managers were doing their jobs properly.
These disputes are not a matter of differing opinions. They reduce to rights. I
trust in the common sense of everyday folks, not nut cases like you and your
ilk.

I realize upon reflection that the above is not nearly strong
enough. Allow me to add a few well chosen words.

You and I are not equals in this argument.

No, we're not.

I provide data and backup to support my position, you don't.

I suggest a case by case approach and am not messianic about sharing every trail; you are a zealot who can't bear bikes anywhere near you.

You state that bikes should have separate trails but, when they do, you castigate that too.

You want to ban all activities which you don't approve of for having the right, reverential, attitude to a trail. I think that some trails should be reserved for such quiet contemplation, but there is no way that one, small, group should get to monopolise the entire trails network.

So, no, we are not at all the same .. you're bigoted, prejudiced, monomaniacal and think you should be privileged over everyone else.

You are a
transgressor who is using the trails for a despicable purpose. I not only want
the likes of you banned from trails (unless you want to walk them like everybody
else), I want you severely fined for such use. A good horsewhipping into the
bargain is also clearly called for.

I think you've been skipping your meds.

Your effrontery in thinking you have equal standing with
respect to trail use is outrageous. What you are doing to the trails and how it
is effecting traditional users is criminal. If there were any justice in this
world you would be sitting in a jail cell for many years - and so would the
idiot land managers who are permitting such usage.

Yes, how dare I think that I should in any way be entitled to use public resources that Mr E Dolan has designated for one, very specific purpose and that specific purpose ONLY.

Until you become humble and self effacing like me (and learn
your proper place in the scheme of things), there is no hope for you. You stand
condemned out of your own mouth.

If I were to become like you then I would rather be dead. You are wholly negative and don't give a damn about anyone else. You seem to think that your desires trump everyone else's ... you want to annex the entire trail network for one, highly specific, use and damn everyone else. I've tried to be polite but, really, you are becoming beyond the pale ... you're like the geriatric who used to play football in the street but now appears shaking a fist when the young do the same. Life is to be lived and things change and move on ... either accept that or step aside.