Old August 31st 14, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Cheap bright tail light

On 8/30/2014 1:33 PM, Joerg wrote:

Some of the better front lights have that. But the problem is with tail
lights. You can always see when a front light dims away. Happened to me
twice and is very annoying but at least I can adjust my riding to it or
stop riding. When the tail light goes out this will be unnoticed by the
riders and unless you get warnings by honking car drivers you run the
risk of being rear-ended or side-swiped.

On my road bike I often bend down and look under the seat. On my MTB I
can't see the tail light because it's aluminum-encapsulated against rock
hits and stuff. So I have two tail lights. That is only necessary
because they failed to put in a low-bat warning.

I've thought about running a bit of fiber-optic cable to give me
confirmation of my lights working. So far, I haven't decided it was
worth the trouble.

--
- Frank Krygowski