Old June 19th 09, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_3_]

Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. *The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.

The BBC video below it was interesting when it stated that speeding
causes 1/3 of serious and fatal accidents and that 20 European
countries are having a crackdown on speeding drivers. It fits in with
what I encounter on my travels, although I was surprised to see Dutch
speed cameras painted in grey as I'm used to them standing out in
bright yellow like they are here. I barely noticed a fair few Dutch
cameras because of this but as I was not speeding, it did not matter.

--
Simon Mason