Old January 14th 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Default Some questions about street theater.

I think street theater is one of the last, great arts you can't really
learn.
Tips and suggestions might help you think in the right direction, but
nothing will convince you of an effective crowd-building technique like
a big crowd, nothing will convince you of the appropriateness of a joke
like a crowd guffawing with laughter and nothing nwill teach you about
passing the hat like a full hat.

So go out there, make the mistakes, learn from them, and don't do 'em
again.

A friend of mine recently did this across the USA and shared with me
what he felt was his most important lesson from the adventure.

"When there's snow on the ground, I ate oatmeal for breakfast, lunch
and supper."

Have fun, share the fun, the hat will look after itself.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)