Old September 5th 18, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Brakes

On 9/5/2018 9:31 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
John B. Slocomb writes:

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 18:52:03 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 6:29:32 PM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:
I was at my local bike shop the other day and saw a Trek bike with
what appeared to be center pull brakes. The looked similar to the old
Campi Delta brakes.

Anyone know what they were?

Direct mount brakes?
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...mount/p/21835/

These came OE on my Emonda. They work well and are a spin on a dual
pivot design and not the parallelogram Delta design. I'm not
excited about the grub-screw cable attachment. It doesn't loosen,
but it is inconveniently located. Otherwise, a fine brake.

-- Jay Beattie.

No, that wasn't what I saw. These brakes had a smooth body with a
single cable entering at the top and the arms were faired into the
body when the brake was off. The inner working of the brakes and the
cable attaching bits were hidden from sight. As I said, very
reminiscent of the Delta brake with its smooth body, although a
different shape.

These, perhaps?

https://www.trpcycling.com/product/t860861/

TRP direct mount brakes with extra aerospiffy bits,
no personal experience.

That looks like a 1980s Rollercam with a cover.

--
- Frank Krygowski