Old August 19th 03, 09:40 AM
Tony Raven

Default Cyclist killed in freak accident....

In news:MPG.19abf19955b419b2989b97@localhost,
Colin Blackburn typed:

I met a guy last year who had cycled into a parked Merc, head down
going for it. This was many years ago when the Merc badge was
essentially a circular knife mounted on the bonnet. He had a very
large scar on his
thigh and he said that at the time the Merc owner was frantic about
the amount of blood on his car.

I've done it twice when I was a lad. First time into the back of a parked
car which bent my forks back. Local blacksmith repaired them and put a
strengthening tube down the inside of the steerer "just to be safe". Doh -
quill stem no longer went inside and the tube was welded in and not
removable without destroying the steerer. One proud possession bike on the
scrap heap.

Second time the forks survived but it was into the back of a caravan being
loaded with pottery for an exhibition. Apparently the impact came very
close to sending a lot of expensive pottery floorwards.

I've never boxed or body built

Tony