Old July 20th 04, 02:40 AM
Graeme

Default Trailer fork mounts

"Grif" wrote in
:

I was wondering if anybody had made their own fork mounts for a box
trailer. I have to use the trailer to cart the family bikes around in.
I've got some old steel front axles to use but need to make a mount
for them. Any ideas? I've checked Sheldon's site but nothing there.

I've not done it for a box trailer, but I did make something similar for
two bikes to go in the back of a station wagon I used to have. All I did
was take a board (the front of an old drawer) and screw two wooden block
onto it. These blocks were each the width of the front hubs and had a hole
drilled through them with an old quick release through the hole. It
probably took about half an hour to make and did the job perfectly.

You might want to make it a bit fancier looking than mine was, but a
similar idea should work for you.

Graeme