Old August 7th 04, 04:30 AM
Glm

Default New Bike, Reputable LBS, So what is the Problem?

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 02:12:24 GMT, Bill wrote:

Sounds like a loose crank arm and all it needs is a bolt tightened.
About 60
seconds worth of work. Will the shop replace the crank when it is
damaged by
riding with it loose? Most shops offer free adjustments on new bikes
after a
little use.
Bill

"Bring it in after a couple of hundred miles and we'll give it a good
going over!" was the sales pitch.

The mechanic tried to tighten the crank arm but couldn't move it. Played
around with the rear derailleur limiter instead - seeing him put the bike
on a stand and turn the pedal a fewe revolutions really impreesed me...

Either way, no improvement whatsoever. Could be the pedals, I suppose.

Regardless, still at a loss as to why, with over half a dozen employees in
the shop and not a single customer, they thought it would take a week to
do anything to it!

Anyway, I received my answer from the newsgroup, viz., that I am not being
an obdurate old ass by asking them to take a look at it.