Old December 19th 18, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Zagster

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:50:17 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

Saturday's Times-Union says that the "Bike Share" bikes were scheduled
to be picked and stored this weekend. They were still in the rack
when I last passed by, but I don't think I came that way yesterday.

I passed the Winona station today. Three of the docks were empty --
the most empty docks I've taken note of. Probably about ten docks
total.

I passed the library, but forgot to check the station. (I came in
from Main street on foot, and turned away from the station to continue
on Main when I left.)

Perhaps the person who wrote the press release thought it would be
printed later than it was. Now I can't find the article. I was sure
it was on page two.

Ah, page 3A, under a headline saying that the device-tax disaster has
been postponed five more years.

---------------

BIKE PROGRAM UPDATS - The first year of the Warsaw + Winona Lake Bike
Share program has concluded. The 20 bikes used in the
Zagster.com-based community bicycle program were scheduled to be
picked up and stored this weekend.

In its first year, the program attracted 650 users, according to
information supplied by the city. Zimmer Biomet is sponsoring the
bike program, which has four stations.

Um . . . though I've never counted them, there are definitely more
than five bikes at each station. Well, the three I've seen; I haven't
been out to the industrial park. Note that it doesn't say whether 650
people signed up, or 650 rides were taken.

I did see someone on a Zagster bike last summer; I've also seen them
parked, usually near a bike-promoting booth at a festival.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net