Old April 16th 19, 11:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Any problem with the plastic suspension parts on aSpecialized S-Works Tarmac road bike?

jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 8:58:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
One of my sons, who is pretty big and strong,, rides an S-Works Tarmac
CF frame (about a 2006 model or so) with the plastic (polymer??) bits in
the forks and the chainstays. It seems to be in excellent condition.
Have you ever heard of any problems with the plastic suspension bits
disintegrating or breaking after a long time? Thanks!

Zerts? I didn't think those were used on the Tarmac -- just the Roubaix,
Ruby and Diverge. After 13 years, I would think the Zerts are inert. I
couldn't imagine how they would fall out.

-- Jay Beattie.

My Tarmac Elite 2010 had them. My Tarmac Pro 2014 doesn’t. Both were
Specialized, no the S-Works models. I have a friend with a Roubaix and a
couple with Rubys. All have zertz inserts. Never heard of one falling out
or deteriorating.

Spec frames have lifetime warranty which would cover that but only for the
original owner.

--
duane